Hello! My name is Gracelyn Buckner, but you can call me Grace. (I do not like to be called Gracie. 😉 ) For a more formal info on me, please click here. Otherwise, read on. 🙂
I was born and raised in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, (which, if you need a city to think of, is near Asheville, NC. I live to the north of Asheville.) Here are some pictures I took of areas near my home:
I’ll give you a couple facts about Western North Carolina:
- No one knows where it is. “Western North Carolina? That’s actually a thing?” (Unless you mention Asheville, and then there’s a comment about the wonderful bars, and so on.)
- We have a lot of mountains. The tallest in our area is also the tallest on our side of the Mississippi River, Mount Mitchell.
- We have distinct seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter. (That said, our winters around here have been a bit wimpy for a few years. 😦 But this winter was good.)
Here’s an overview of my family: I have a mom, a dad, one younger brother, two sets of grandparents (both of my grandfathers are retired Baptist pastors), two sets of aunts and uncles, and two cousins. I also have a 99-year-old great-grandmother.
So, back to me. I am a former homeschooler, Child of the One True King, author, blogger, and pianist. I have one self-published novella, Letters from Home, and I’m working on several other projects. I am an INFJ/INTJ, depending on the time of day (if you care about that). I have a black cat named Baby Midnight, who thinks I’m crazy (most people would agree).
- II Corinthians 12:9&10b
- Micah 5:2
- Psalm 139:14&17-18
- Psalm 77:1-10
- Ephesians 2:10
- Over the Hedge
- I’m Not Ashamed
- It’s a Wonderful Life/The Polar Express
- Anne of Green Gables (1985)
- The Greatest Showman
- Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Emily Climbs by L.M. Montgomery
- Anne’s House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
- Pat of Silver Bush
I can’t list all my favorites, so if you want to know those, check out my Goodreads shelves. My favorite author is L.M. Mongomery (I have a collection of her books 😉 ).
- Little House on the Prairie
- When Calls the Heart
- Bonanza (Westerns in general)
- NCIS, Blue Bloods, & Bull
- Simple by Florida-Georgia Line
- May We All by Florida-Georgia Line
- Life Changes by Thomas Rhett
- Get Along by Kenny Chesney
- Unforgettable by Thomas Rhett
This does not include my favorite hymns. 😉 As you can see, I love country music and I’m constantly listening to the local country station.
Other things I like/love/that interest me:
- cats and other small furry animals
- history- epecially the Romanov Family, the Civil War/Stonewall Jackson, Titanic, and the Biltmore Estate
- psychology- especially MBTI, mental health, and social issues (TEDx, anyone?)
- pinterest (link to my profile)
- winter, snow, and cold (I was born on the first day of winter, so…) I also love fall- the first nip in the air makes me laugh.
- Russia-the history and the language
- flowers- marigolds are my favorites, but I also love a lot of wildflowers
- cooking/decorating with my grandmother- she and I get along really well 😉
- people-watching- my family’s a bit freaked out by how much I people-watch, and how much I know about people…my cousins call me a stalker…nah…
So, hopefully this gave you an idea of what I’m like. Thanks for visiting! 🙂